Dr. Geisler is participating in the Externship Program for Charter College to help train and give real world experience to young professionals starting their career in oral surgery. Dr. Geisler will be serving as a preceptor for externs beginning in September this year.
Past Community Education
Three Dimensional Treatment Planning and Surgery in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Clackamas County Dental Society in Milwaukie, OR
The technological advances available for use in oral and maxillofacial surgery are truly amazing. This one-hour discussion will focus on the use of three-dimensional imaging to manufacture three-dimensional printed surgical guides and plates for orthognathic surgery as well as applications in dental implant surgery. Dr. Geisler will review the evolution of three-dimensional technology using her own surgical cases as examples. Come and learn about options for treatment planning as well as three-dimensional printing and its many applications in dentistry.
Want to read more by Stacy A. Geisler, DDS, PhD?
Or click the links below to read a few of Dr. Geisler‘s articles:
- Coronectomy is an effective strategy for treating impacted third molars in close proximity to the inferior alveolar nerve
- Orally administered amoxicillin decreases the risk of implant failures
- Antibiotic may decrease implant loss
- Oral Surgery May Help Adults With Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Stability of mandibular advancement following bilateral sagittal split osteotomy is improved with rigid internal fixation
- Insufficient evidence to support or refute a specific dental recall interval
- Imaging degenerative changes of the TMJ: evidence using dry skulls and autopsy specimens